It only takes a few key items to get the kids beach-ready, and with summer just around the corner, it’s handy to have a beach bag for impromptu outings. My daughter loves going swimming, and, at three, she’s old enough to no longer need nappies for the pool (yay!). Here are our must-have items this summer:
2. Sunscreen. Billie Goat Sunscreen is a natural zinc, SPF 30 sunscreen with ingredients that include natural goats milk, aloe vera and calendula. It’s four hours water resistant and suitable for all skin types – great for all of us on our summer beach visits.
3. Swimmers. We picked up a couple of pairs of Collette Dinnigan swimsuits for this season. This gingham one piece and a rash vest and bottoms. While one’s drying, the other is ready.
4. Sandals. I like flip flops/thongs, but my kids get frustrated when their heels aren’t held in. My daughter loves sparkly shoes, so these gold ones are a hit.
5. Pool towel. A hooded towel that acts like a post-swim cape is a cosy option, and kids love any chance to dress up. Win, win.
6. Sunglasses/Hat. Do your kids love to copy you, too? Sunglasses aren’t strictly a must-have, but they’re great for shading little peepers. Otherwise, a hat is ideal (who doesn’t remember Slip! Slop! Slap!?).
7. Books. Having summer-themed books to read while warming up after a swim makes for a relaxing winding-down activity. My kids really enjoy the rhythm of Magic Beach by Alison Lester. Happy summer!
Find more Billie Goat products created especially for eczema-prone skin for babies and kids, including their range of soaps and bath products on the Billie Goat website.
Words + Photos: Bron Bates
This is a sponsored post. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make child mags blog possible.