Remember those sticky summer days after school where you’d race to the milk bar before the bus came? Digging about in your pocket, you’d rustle up 5 or 10 cents and buy a small snack from behind the counter.
These days, our kids are unlikely to trot off to the milk bar on their own, but we’ve found a way to bring back the best of the old milk bar by creating our own vintage milk bar party at home! Unlike some of the milk bar snacks, each Sipahh straw only contains less than half a teaspoon of sugar. Here are six ways you can create your own milk bar party:
1. Decorate the party table with vintage-style milk jars and Sipahh straws. You may like to choose a Christmas crate if your party’s in the holidays, or a Favourites crate. You can also mix and match by choosing a custom crate filled with your child’s favourite flavours.
2. Set up a milk bar. One of the cool things about the old milk bar was being able to pick and choose at the counter. Why not set up a milk bar stand and let the kids take turns to choose what they’d like. This fun milk bar from Sipahh can be delivered to your door.
3. Add a ‘milk and cookies’ twist. Provide all natural cookies along with Sipahh’s scrumptious flavoured straws for the kids to pop in their vintage milk bottles.
4. Opt for an easy cake. Choose store-bought cookies and stack them high for a fancy ‘cake‘ that’s easy to make.
5. Let the children take turns being the milk bar attendant. Kindergarten children and younger primary school party guests will enjoy playing a game of shop where they can ‘buy’ their milk straws from the milk bar. Make play tokens and the kids can take turns being the shopkeeper.
6. Serve milk bar food. Think Happy Days and provide mini hamburgers just like you’ve taken a time trip back to their famous milk bar, Arnolds. Enjoy!
Sipahh straws are free of artificial flavours, colours and preservatives, gluten, are suitable for vegetarians and contain less than half a teaspoon of sugar in each straw. Sipahh straws are sweetened by sucralose. To buy straws, a milk bar stand and for more info, head over to the Sipahh website.
This is a sponsored post. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make child mags blog possible.