Who writes here? In this ‘11 Things About’ mini-series, the people behind child mags blog (hi!) let you in on a few of their quirks and secrets.
1. If I had to choose between hot chips or chocolate chip cookies, I would pick the cookies. If I buy a box, I’ll probably eat them all. Immediately.
2. Caitlin Moran is my spirit animal.
3. I became a mum for the first time at 19. Alex is now 18, Max, eight, and Rose, three. They’re interesting, different, delightful souls who make my world bright.
4. I’m super interested in reading and writing about parenting, childhood, gender, creativity and women.
5. To relax, I cut and paste pictures into collages.
6. This year, I married my partner of 10 years, Mark. I still have trouble calling him ‘my husband’. We have lots of things in common, like reading, being left-leaning and taking parenting really seriously. We also have lots of stuff not in common. Like whether it’s more fun to be indoors or outdoors.
7. Rose is three. From all reports, it’s intense to be three. She will give me dozens of gorgeous squeezes throughout the day and alternate between telling me, “My mum is the best, most beautiful mum in the world!” and, “You have to let me do what I want!”
9. Alex is into fitness and health. At over six foot, he towers over me. He’s really into reading right now, which warms my heart.
10. I once had a photo of myself go viral and it taught me a lot about the digital world. I was holding my pee.
11. I’m obsessed with audiobooks. Current book: Just Kids by Patti Smith.