Jenna Templeton shares some ace buys in celebration of Australia Day.
I must say, it’s pretty great having a birthday on Australia Day, when everyone is celebrating the nation at the same time (with the added bonus of a public holiday). A lover of all things true blue Australiana, I’ve put together a list of some ripper Aussie thangs I think are good enough to go straight to the pool room…or to wear or take to an Aussie barbie! Don’t forget the snags! Hello Possum Pillowcase Make Me Iconic / Chiko Roll Custom Painting Dawn Tan / Fairy Bread Piñata DIY Kiosk / Toy Stacking Blocks Make Me Iconic / Blinky Sweater Jenny Kee / Greetings From Australia: A Postcard & Sticker Book by Jacky Winter Thames & Hudson / Cocky Sequin Tote Bag Mozi / Turquoise Coral Head One Piece Swimwear Ken Done / Australiana Cork Placemats Set Mozi / Family Proteaceae Scarf FOSSICK by Edith Rewa / Bristlebrush Designs Australian Animal Pencil Wilkins & Kent / Kookaburra and Tim Tam A4 Print Kirbee Lawler
1. Say night night and wake up to an iconic Dame Edna greeting.
2. Hang a framed print of this popular Aussie savoury snack on the kitchen wall.
3. A kids party is not complete without this national treasure.
4. Little ones can learn some classic Aussie munchies while they stack blocks.
5. After Princess Di was photographed wearing this jumper in 1982, everyone wanted one. Super excited that Aussie fashion designer Jenny Kee recently rereleased this popular woolly for us to love and enjoy all over again.
6. Snail mail just got exciting again. Send your pen friends and family a bona fide souvenir that includes postcards decorated with our furry, feathered and slithery animal friends in the form of stickers, designed by local artists.
7. Walk the talk with this blinged up tote.
8. A day at the beach wouldn’t be complete without a little Ken Done. These bathers feature one of Ken’s famous landmark artworks – ‘Turquoise coral head’, from 2012.
9. Add a touch of Aussie-fair to your next barbie with this table décor.
10. Pretty up your noggin with some Australian fauna and flora.
11. Put pen to paper with our most well-known furry friends.
12. Even this little kookaburra loves Tim Tams! Don’t forget to dunk it in a good cuppa Mr Burra!