Tips for making a fun art and craft corner for kids.
I always remember my first art table as a child. I was so excited to have a little space I could call my own (and decorate to my heart’s content). It made me feel a little bit like a grown-up and it was an instant space of inspiration.
Art and craft corners are a fabulous idea for kids. You don’t need a lot of space for one, a spare spot in the corner of their bedroom or another random nook in the home is a great place to set up. A few meters square is all you need to make little creative corner for your child.
It gives littlies a space to creatively explore and older children a place to hang up their artworks and perhaps even inspire them to get their homework done…
1. Hang a cork or peg board up to attach artwork to, or use to hang storage holders such as colourful wire baskets and cup containers.
2. Make an art gallery wall using twine and pegs to attach kids’ artwork.
3. Store materials and tools in hanging baskets or cups.
4. Fun and colourful hooks are great for hanging tools (like scissors) off.
5. Use a shadowbox as a display shelf for creations.
6. Decorate the walls with painted or washi tape frames to display artwork in.
7. Use different levels and put the everyday stuff down low and store the messier stuff up high.
8. Pop some inspiration nearby. Think famous artists, design posters or beautiful picture books.
Tassels Garlands Adairs / Light Bulb Cushion Leo & Bella / Colour Wheel Rug Living Styles / Polka Dot Wall Decals 41 Orchard / Let Kids Be Kids Art Print Yorke Lee / Kids Play Table + Chairs Officeworks / Knot & Bow Twine Emiko Blue / Candy Land Print Laura Blythman / Dear Diary Design Washable Fabric Marker Set Down That Little Lane / Mini Peg Pack Typo / RÅSKOG
Trolley Ikea / Playon Crayons Moppit & More / BYGEL Containers Ikea / Down To The Woods Wire Basket Talo Interiors / Replica Eames Hang-It-All Matt Blatt